Mini Sombrero Table Decoration
What You Need:
Styrofoam or paper cup
Small paper plate
1" wide strip of brown felt
1/4" wide strip of red felt
1/4" wide strip of orange felt
Acrylic paint in red and yellow
Medium pom-poms in red, green, yellow, orange, white and brown
What to Do:
1. Paint the plate and cup with the yellow paint. Let dry then add a second coat. Let dry completely.
2. Paint the outer edge of the plate rim red. Let dry completely.
3. Glue the Styrofoam cup to the center of the paper plate to form the hat.
4. Glue the brown felt around the bottom of the cup (the edge that is touching the plate) to make the hat band. Glue the red and orange felt over the brown to create stripes. (You can use construction paper instead.)
5. Glue the pom-poms to the red edge of the paper plate, alternating colors as you go (green, white, red, yellow, brown, orange, green, white, etc.).