Paper Mache Eggs
What You Need:
Paper mache paste (see recipe)
Newspaper cut into one-inch strips
Colored tissue paper (optional)
What to Do:
1. Make the paper mache paste. When it has cooled, pour it into a pie tin.
2. Blow up a balloon and tape it to the table.
3. Dip strips of newspaper in paste and place carefully on the balloon being careful not to pop the balloon. Cover the balloon completely and let dry overnight.
4. Decorate the paper mache with paint or colored tissue in pastel Easter colors.
5. Finish with a shellac for a shiny, glazed effect.