Parental guidance and help may be needed
What You Need:
Plastic 2-liter soda bottle with cap
Sharp scissors or craft knife
Dirt or potting soil
Permanent black marker
What to Do:
1. Remove the label from the soda bottle then wash and rinse out the bottle and cap.
2. Cut the bottle close to the bottom with the scissors or craft knife, the "line" at the bottom of where the label was is a good place. You can cut it higher if you'd like.
3. Lightly place dirt or potting soil in the base.
4. Plant a few seeds in the dirt. Lightly water.
5. Put the cap on the bottle. Cover the base with the top of the bottle. You'll have to fiddle with it a bit to get it to fit inside the top.
6. Place in a sunny spot and watch for the seeds to grow.
7. When the plants are ready, repot them or plant them in your garden.