Homemade Sidewalk Chalk
What you need
Plaster of Paris
Powered tempera paint
What to Do:
1. Find a mold. It can be anything from a toilet tissue roll, small paper cup (like cupcake), or candy or candle molds.
2. For each color, mix together 1 cup of Plaster of Paris with 3/4 cup of water.
3. Add a small amount of powdered tempera paint to add color.
4. Blend this mixture well and allow to stand for a few minutes.
5. Pour the mixture into the molds.
6. Allow to dry completely.
7. Remove the chalk from the mold(s).
8. All the chalk to dry for another 24 hours.
9. Take your chalk outside and have fun drawing on the driveway or sidewalk.