What you Need:
Thin twig or pencil
What to Do:
1. Melt the candle wax in a double boiler. Be careful not to have the water mix with the wax.
2. Dig a hole in the sand with the shovel about six inches deep and three inches from side to side. If you don't have a sand box, you can fill a large tin can with sand and dig a hole in the sand. You can buy colored sand from the craft store for more interesting looking candles.
3. Cut the wick so that it is long enough to reach the bottom of the hole and wrap around the twig or pencil. Tie one end around the middle of the twig. Place the twig over the hole so the wick is in the middle.
4. Have an adult carefully pour the melted wax into the hole in the sand. Try not to get wax on the twig.
5. Allow to cool completely.
6. Dig the candle out of the hole and brush off excess sand.