Cinco de Mayo Maracas
What You Need:
2 Styrofoam or paper cups
Decorative accents such as pom-poms and buttons
Hot glue gun or tape
What to Do:
1. Place a handful of dried beans into one of the cups.
2. Have an adult help you put a layer of hot glue onto the rim of the cup with the beans in it before quickly placing the other cup on top of it, lining up the rims of both cups. Allow to dry.
3. Paint cups and let dry.
4. Paint the bottoms of each cup.
5. Decorate cups by painting on swirling or curvy lines.
6. Finish any decorating you would like, such as adding pom-poms around the center to hide the glue or tape line.
7. Shake your maraca!