What You Need:
Styrofoam cut into 8.5"x11" rectangles
Black and white tempera paint
3 cups for mixing paints
Thick black permanent marker
What to Do:
1. Round off the top of the styrofoam. You can break bits of the top of to make it look more aged.
2. Mix paints to create light, medium and dark grey.
3. Paint the all of the styrofoam with two or three coats of the medium grey. Let dry. (Parents might want to do this part ahead of time to make the project go a bit faster.)
4. Use the spong to dab on the light and dark paints to give a motled look. Let dry.
5. Write names and dates or funny sayings on the gravestones with the marker.